Clear View Testing Update!
Good Afternoon Clear View Families!
Testing is right around the corner! Look for information on our website and in your email about the testing calendar. Our staff decided to pump up the students to do their best with this little testing video….we hope you enjoy!
Voyager Weekly Broadcast
Check out our Voyager Broadcast Team with important information!
APEX Fun Run Fundraiser
APEX FUN RUN IS HERE!
We are so excited to announce that our school will be participating in the Apex Fun Run this year as our major fundraiser! The Apex program will be with our students from August 22 to September 2 teaching leadership and fitness as we raise pledges to help our school. Please look in your child’s folder and e-mails that will be sent to you from your teachers as the fun run gets nearer.
Please feel free to visit www.apexfunrun.com to learn about this interactive program that helps schools all over the country raise money, while promoting leadership and fitness. This year’s character theme is Apex Legends, where students will follow Tikes, Seeds, Specs, Jazz, and Wheels through the pages of their legendary adventure to discover JJ Cortez’s hidden treasure. Along the way these five friends discover what it truly means to be a Legendary leader:
- Never Quit
During the Apex Fun Run, students are challenged to get pledges for the laps they will run on September 2 to help our school. Students will run for 30 minutes and will run an average 26-36 laps, with the maximum amount of laps being 36 (each lap is 1/16th of a mile). Sponsors can pledge $1/lap, $2/lap, $5/lap, or any other amount for students. All participants will receive an access code that allows you to enter pledges online. All students will receive Apex bands, race-day lap counters, and team awards. We will need your help in the following four ways:
- Help connect your child to potential sponsors and help them acquire pledges from family, friends and contacts.
- Ask your child about the “Apex Legend” character lessons, and download the “Apex Fun Run” App!
- Come to the Apex Fun Run and don’t forget to invite others to attend our fun-filled community event.
- Help volunteer for the race! We need a few parents to help cheer on students and mark laps. If you would like to volunteer for your student’s race, please contact Rebecca Nelson at email@example.com.
Thank you again for continued support of Clear View and we are excited to begin this journey with you!
Erin Thiessen and Rebecca Nelson
Principal PTA President
¡APEX FUN RUN!
Estamos muy contentos de anunciar que nuestra escuela estará participando en la carrera divertida de APEX este año como nuestra forma principal de recaudación de fondos. El programa Apex estará con nuestros estudiantes el 22 de agosto al 2 de septiembre para enseñar liderazgo y el gimnasio, y al mismo tiempo, estaremos recaudando fondos para ayudar nuestra escuela. Por favor, busque folletos en la carpeta de su niño(a) y en correros electrónicos que se le enviará durante las próximas semanas.
Por favor, siéntase libre de visitar el sitio www.apexfunrun.com para aprender sobre este programa interactivo que ayuda a las escuelas de todo el país recaudar dinero, y que promueve el liderazgo y el gimnasio. El tema de carácter de este año es Leyendas de Apex, donde los estudiantes seguirán los personajes Tikes, Seeds, Specs, Jazz y Wheels a través de las páginas de su aventura legendaria para descubrir JJ Cortez, el tesoro escondido. Por medio de estas aventuras, estos cinco amigos descubren lo que realmente significa ser un líder legendario:
- ¡No darse por vencido!
Durante la carrera, “Apex Fun Run”, estudiantes tienen el reto de obtener promesas de sus patrocinadores para las vueltas corridas. Los estudiantes correrán el 2 de septiembre para ayudar la escuela. Los estudiantes correrán por un promedio de 30 minutos, que son aproximadamente 26 a 36 vueltas, 36 siendo la máxima cantidad de vueltas (cada vuelta es 1/16 de una milla). Los patrocinadores pueden prometer $1, $2, $5, o cualquier otra cantidad por cada vuelta que el estudiante complete. Todos los participantes recibirán un código de acceso que les permite hacer sus promesas por medio de la computadora. Usted puede ayudar a que esto sea un éxito en las siguientes maneras:
- Ayudar a que su hijo/a se ponga en contacto con patrocinadores posibles (familia/amigos) para adquirir promesas.
- ¡Pregúntele a su hijo/a acerca de las lecciones, y obtenga la aplicación “Apex Fun Run”!
- Vengan al “Apex Fun Run” y no olviden invitar a otros a que asistan nuestro evento comunitario en el campo de nuestra escuela.
- ¡Ayudar durante la carrera! Necesitamos la ayuda de los padres para ayudar a animar los estudiantes y para marcar las vueltas. Si usted desea ser voluntario en la carrera, por favor comuníquese con Rebecca Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
¡Gracias de nuevo por su apoyo continuo — estamos muy contentos de iniciar esta carrera con ustedes!
Erin Thiessen Rebecca Nelson
Directora Presidenta del PTA de la Escuela
Reminders: August 1, 2016
Weekly Reminders: August 1, 2016
Make sure to visit our website: www.clearviewvoyagers.com
- Back to School Night: Thursday, August 4th at 5:30 p.m.
- All school meeting beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the Quad area with two 20 minute sessions (A and B) to visit your child’s classroom! We hope to see you there!
- At our brief all school meeting information will be shared regarding our school Vision, Title I, exciting new programs, and PTA!
- Kona Ice will be selling on Friday afterschool on the blacktop!
School Site Council:
- Ballots for School Site Council will go home on Monday, please send them back with your child or turn them into the office by Friday, August 5th!
- PTA meeting on Thursday August 4th during Back to School Night
- APEX Fun Run is right around the corner! Look for a follow up email with more information!
Don’t forget! Our PTA meeting will be held on May 13th immediately following the start of the school day.
This will include elections for the PTA board!
We hope to see you there!
Good Evening Parents! Our PTA has two important announcements we would like you to be aware of: PTA 16-17 Board Nominations and Family Campout Information! Please make sure to read all of this important information!
Greetings Parents! The Clear View PTA has the following positions available for our 16-17 School Year. Below are the candidates nominated for each position. Our election will be held on Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. If you are a PTA member, please join us to ensure your voice is heard!
I am a parent of a six grader and next school year my grandson will be attending Clear View Elementary. I am currently the PTA president and have been an active participant in many activities for the past 3 years including with the past PTA Team. I am very happy that my daughter has attended such a wonderful school. I would appreciate the opportunity to participate as your parent representative and help facilitate decisions that will take place the 2016-2017 school year to make Clear View a better place for our students to learn and grow.
PTA Vice President
My name is Stephanie Pires, and I am running for Vice President of Clear View Elementary P.T.A. I have been a teacher in the Chula Vista Elementary School District for 16 years. Not only am I a committed teacher at Clear View, I am also a highly involved parent for my three daughters. I have been School Site Council Secretary at Clear View for 6 years. I am also on the School Site Council at Rancho Del Rey Middle School in a parent position. I would love the opportunity to work with the parents, teachers, staff and students as an elected member of the P.T.A. I know I can help lead our Clear View Family over the next school year into some fun and exciting times that our students will never forget! Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to further serving the Clear View Community!
Erica is a speech-language pathologist who works with children. She is a former employee of the Chula Vista Elementary school district and now works in private practice. Erica has two sons that attend ClearView; a 2nd grader and a kindergartner. She is looking forward to helping support Clear View and the PTA.
My name is Kim Rascon. I am a mother of 3 and a business owner. Both my daughter, Kareli and niece, Isabella attend Clear View and are enrolled in the Dual Immersion Program. I am interested in running for PTA Secretary.I am a very organized, hardworking and creative team player. I would be honored to be able to contribute to Clear View in any way, as a mother of 3 I know a whole lot of what kids like and enjoy. I would like to be able to contribute my and your ideas as parents to make this coming school year a FUN and memorable school year full of fun and educational activities and events for your children and you as well. I look forward to meeting you all.
We want to inform you that we will be conducting our online Hanover parent survey starting on Thursday, April 7, 2016 through April 28, 2016. With this survey, we hope to learn more about your experiences and your child(ren’s) experiences at school during this school year with teachers, administrators, students, and other District staff. All responses are anonymous and will never be connected to you – your answers will be kept strictly confidential. Reporting will rely on grouped percentages only.
If both parents/guardians in a household would like to take the survey, that is fine. However, we ask that each adult only take the survey once, and do so by April 28, 2016. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey, please contact the District’s Operations Department at (619) 425-9600, ext. 1325. Click on a link below or cut and paste into your browser to complete the parent survey:
Parent survey link:
Thank you in advance for your input!
Welcome to our WordPress!
Welcome to our Clear View Voyager Blog!
Weekly updates will be made here along with posts about special events!
Weekly Reminders: August 3, 2015
Monday, August 3rd:
- Please make sure to be on time to school every day!
Tuesday, August 4th:
Wednesday, August 5th:
Thursday, August 6th:
- Back to School Night! TK-3 6:00-6:30 p.m. & 4-6 6:45-7:15 p.m.
- PTA Meeting @ 7:15 p.m.
Friday, August 7th:
- Walk to School Day!
- Friday Assembly! 9:00 a.m.
- SSC Nominations Due
- Picture Day- August 18th
- Please make sure to join us for the first PTA meeting immediately following Back to School Night. Packets went home this week about all the ways you can be involved with the PTA
- School Site Council Nomination forms went home Friday, please make sure to send in all nominations by August 7th